Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blood Pressure?

Posted by Kita (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 27, 03 at 18:01

My blood pressure has always been within the normal range, but recently I go thru periods where my heart pounds & I can feel & hear it in my ears. I don't have any pain or tightening in my chest, but I sure don't feel right.
I'm 48 years old, female & about 20 lbs overweight.
I don't feel like I'm under any more stress than normal.
Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blood Pressure?

See your doctor. At your age and overweight, you could be starting to have BP problems. It is much easier to take care of if caught early. Stress doesn't always enter into it.

Do you have a regular GYN physician? He/she would be able to watch your BP.

o

Palpitations can be benign or a warning of a serious problem. If you're feeling breathless or dizzy, or have fainted, see your doctor immediately, or sooner.

Here's a site on palpitations - I'm sure you can find others online. At any rate, I'd talk to your physician at your next physical. If you don't have a physical planned, I'd make an appointment with your doctor. Palpitations can be caused by thyroid malfunction or drug interactions, and you want to make sure nothing is seriously wrong.

I'm not a doctor - I'm someone who ignored palpitations with dizziness and near-fainting, and ended up at the hospital in V-tach. That's an extreme case, but you want to be safe.

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Palpitations

o

You're probably having SVT- supraventicular tachycardia. There is medicine you can take to keep it under control. It is often brought on by stress, but it can be a sign something is wrong with your heart, and you ought to let your doctor know it's happening. If you feel faint when it happens, or it goes on longer that a few minutes, you probably ought to go to the local ER.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here