Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

rotator cuff

Posted by ttownboy (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 11 at 17:32

in late sept of 2004 i fell from the top of a hill off my bike i fell straight down on left arm and buckle fractured my wrist, and off and on until spring 2006 i had pain in my shoulder then it went away and came back again in the fall and it left again when spring came and every year after that i had severe pain in my shoulder but only during the cold months and and has been getting worse since it starts out hurting to lift my arm then it gets to a point where the pain is so bad i cant even move my arm at all unless i use my other arm to move it now its 7 years later and the pain is still worsening its now constant pain that does not go away and it even sends surges of pain through my shoulder blade and my body has a natural immunity to persription drugs percocets dont even relieve the pain i want to hear what u all think

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: rotator cuff

I think you need to see a pain specialist. You don't mention ever having seen a doctor for this, you might want to start there.

RE: rotator cuff

I don't see anything in your post that says diagnosis to me other than the subject line and that doesn't say it came from a doctor. So, if you haven't been officially diagnosed, then, that would be the first order of business. Confirm or rule out rotator cuff damage. If nothing shows up on xrays then my next step would be a Rheumatologist or orthopedist to see if the accident hasn't caused some arthritic activity that could be corrected with surgery. There's always the possibility that the accident damaged something around the nerves in the neck/shoulder area which can be extremely painful. When it's determined that the doctors can't help then have them refer you to a good massage therapist. They can help loosen the tightness of the muscles in that area and teach you stretching exercises to help correct the problem.

This is coming from personal experience. Three years ago I had excruciating pain in my right shoulder. The pain caused the muscles to tighten so much that one doctor asked me if anyone had ever told me I had scoliosis. I went to doctor after doctor. My regular Rheumatologist to chiropractors. The muscle was so tight that the Chiropractor was afraid to adjust my back for fear of causing damage. He referred me to the massage therapist. She first worked on getting the muscles to relax and then gave me a series of stretching exercises to do to keep the tightness from returning. It took some time but I can say that I am now pain free.

Your treatment could be successful at any step along the way. It all depends on what's causing your pain and then determining the best treatment.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here