Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stem Cells Heal Doctor's Heart Failure

Posted by scmurphy3 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 07 at 16:08

I saw this video about a doctor with heart failure who refused to take "no" for an answer and was treated with stem cells. The video shows his remarkable recovery. At a time when there is much debated about stem cells, I think this video should be passed around. Here is the link from youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcFQeRNuPDo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stem Cells Heal Doctor's Heart Failure

I didn't think there was much debate about using adult stem cells; I think the debate is mainly about using embryonic stem cells.

I think the reason the doctor in the video didn't have easy access to the stem cells here is because the US regulations are stricter for clinical usage than some other regions...not sure I'd want to always sacrifice our regulations, though. I don't think it has anything to do with the embryonic stem cell debate here in the US. If anything the 'debate' would probably help push forward the use of ADULT stem cells.

Did you actually watch the whole video yourself? Do you know there are three different broad categories of stem cells? ...and only one is generally debated and that one has nothing to do with the video posted? Or, are you just against US medical regulations and trials?

o
RE: Stem Cells Heal Doctor's Heart Failure

Stem cell therapy should be allowed in the US under proper medical supervision. Phase III trials are the only way to know efficacy...but till then...if patients refuse to take no as an answer...well stem cell therapy by places like www.cellmedicine.com is an alternative, no?

Double blind studies have been done on adult stem cells for heart failure if you look on youtube at the cellmedicine video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flv0RmzPyLU

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here