Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fish Oil or Flax Seeds?

Posted by petra (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 31, 06 at 14:03

Which is better? I guess they both contain Omega3 oils, but I've read conflicting advice re. which one to take.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fish Oil or Flax Seeds?

I have heard that the seeds are better.....you have to grind them in something like one of those little electric coffee grinders. One reason is because the oil goes bad very quickly and has to be refrigerated. So, you can just buy a quantity of the seeds and grind small amounts as needed. They don't go bad until they are ground.

o

I have heard that flax is good for prevention of breast cancer.

o

marcia, thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I buy some. Jbkidd, I didn't know that, I thought they were mainly good for heart health.

o

Flax seed is good for all sorts of things. I take it for PMS and Migraine prevention. Amazing! I would never be without it now. If I run out, the symptoms come back within a month, so I know it works.

I am too lazy to grind it: just buy the sealed packages of the pre-ground seeds and keep it in the freezer. I put enough for a few days use in a jar with a tight lid; it doesn't spoil that fast. I use 2-3 heaping tablespoons a day, sprinked on my dry breakfast cereal or oatmeal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here