SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grittymitts

What ??'s would YOU ask?

grittymitts
16 years ago

What questions would you ask about a neurological surgeon?

A very worried dear friend called me last night to ask for input regarding her 36 yr old DD who began to collapse without warning; regaining consciousness became more & more lengthy. Her 2 yrs of bad headaches were diagnosed by family doctor as migraines until the fainting began. Her 3 yr old daughter called my friend & said "Mommy's sleeping on the floor & she won't get UP Gram." Now someone must stay with this Mother 24/7. She's had to drop out of nursing school and of course no longer drives.

My concern is these sweet people are not at all savvy about Doctors and believe if one is "nice" they must be OK, and have NO idea what to ask. Yesterday they were told "MRI & CT show enlarged vessels in the brain stem; we've made app't. w/Neuroglogist in Columbus Ohio for Tuesday Oct 30th." They said "OK" and ask no further questions.

I told them to ask if they're Board Certified, how long they've practiced, medical school attended, etc. but other than that, I don't know what others to ask.

Although it's long distance, I'm willing to call them as many times as needed if anyone has suggestions.

Thanks! Suzi

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio