Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rebounding Exercises

Posted by jbkidd (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 7, 06 at 13:03

I have just bought a "rebounder", I have heard they are a wonderful way to exercise and have many healty benefits.

Has anyone ever used one, does it help in losing weight. Would appreciate any information anyone has about them.

Hope I haven't wasted my money

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rebounding Exercises

My friend uses hers a lot and loves it. I had one and it was really fun, but it made my knees hurt. Good luck!

o

I used to use one and enjoyed it - until one night when I came down "funny", twisted my ankle sideways, and ended up sprawled across the tile floor. Broke my foot. Needless to say, you couldn't get me on one now, so I strongly caution anyone who is going to use one to be very careful! One misplaced step, and you could injure yourself badly.

o

I tried a friend's. Wayyyyyyyyy too hard on my knees.

o

I've been using mine for a few months now. I like it. I don't find it hard on my knees or anything (I would find pounding the pavement impossible for that). As for weight loss, I haven't noticed a great deal (for myself), I feel more toned, but weight loss is simply a matter of using up more calories than brought in. There are a lot of articles on the Net that describe all the benifits of rebounding (I was surprised at how many benifits there are!). So, IMHO, you've made a good investment.

o

I thought this was supposed to be one of the benefits...that it was easier on your joints and knees!?? I have been thining of one. I have seen some mini trampolines on sale locally lately for only around $20. Are these as good I am wondering as the more expensive Rebounder? I have seen the ones with the rail that attatches and I think I would like that to hold on to. Does anyone have that?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here