Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about lyphnoid cancer

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 27, 06 at 13:01

my stepdad was diagnosed with lymphoma, and also he has two spots in his lungs....I have so many questions but I will start with a couple.... first one...his tonsil is swollen and whiteish yellow stuff (which started out small) is now covering the whole tonsil...is this yeast? 2nd I totally believe in using both medical and alternative medicine does anyone know of a web site that incorporates both...he will be doing both chemo and radiation therapy and I want to keep his appetite up since he has lost so much weight already

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about lyphnoid cancer

Hi Mojo,

Sorry to hear about your stepdad.
I don't know anything about cancer treatment, but I'm always hearing the ad on TV for "Cancer Treatment Centers of America", and they talk about treating the body and mind and spirit, not just the cancer. It sounds like they use various approaches. I also know there are books out there on how to treat cancer with certain foods. Good luck to you and your stepdad!

o

Which type of Lymphoma does he have. Hodgkin lymphoma or Non Hodgkins lymphoma? Also, did they biopsy the two spots on his lung(s) to confirm that the Lymphoma had metastasized there?

o

I am not sure about the natural side of things, my stepdad has Non-Hochkins Mantle Cell Lymphoma and he was treated with a agressive chemo treatment at MD Anderson in Houston, the best in the world (my opinion) they took him to the brink and back to reality. He did try some natural stuff but to no avail, it didn't help at all. He has since been in remission for 2 years and doing fine, still gets sick with respitory infections, but is still alive and well and will be 69 soon. I wish you luck in your search!

o

Get on the internet. Check out the National Cancer Institute and find out the institutions that are approved by them. Sloan-Kettering in New York is a great cancer treatment center. The Cancer Treatment Centers are also good. There are many others but do your research and find the right doctor--an expert in the kind of cancer your stepdad has. You can call NCI or any of the others and ask for a referral in your area.

There is plenty of info out there but don't believe all of it because there's also a lot of junk science.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here