Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diabetes Forum?

Posted by betty_the_villages (bettebee@wildblue.net) on
Tue, Oct 2, 07 at 12:56

Is there a special Forum where we they are discussing Diabetes? Maybe this Health Forum?
Thanks!
Betty in Florida

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diabetes Forum?

Betty, if you don't get much discussion here, you can check the link below. They have just about everything you can think of! Good luck.

http://healthboards.com/

o

Hi Betty,

We don't seem to be able to keep the diabetes thing together do we. I was just thinking of writing. I just found out that I have stage 3 kidney disease in addition to the diabetes. I don't know why it was just discovered. I would have thought my doctor would be watching for something like this. The food for kidney disease is the exact opposite of what you can eat with diabetes, so finding something to eat has gotten really tough. I'm going to try the link that socks provided.

o

Devorah,
So sorry to hear about the kidney disease. What symtoms did you have before you knew? What have your BS readings been before? I have a terrible time to keep mine down. Someimes I eat the wrong things. Not that much that I would think would hurt, but it does.Sometimes I just take another metformin. Not sure if that is ok.
Let us know how you are doing and what the doctor's are doing for you. We must keep you in our prayers.
Betty in Florida

o

Hi Betty, I didn't have any symptoms. I have labs done every 3 months because of the diabetes and the BUN and Creatnine levels are always part of the panel of tests. My doctor kept saying that my kidney function wasn't what is should be, but it was probably because I was dehydrated from fasting overnight. This last time my numbers were worse so he sent me for more blood work and had me do a 24 hour urine collection. Even though it came up that I had level 3 kidney disease, my doctor didn't call me. I asked my husband to ask about it when he was in for something and they gave him a copy of my labs with a scrawled note to call for an appointment with a nephrologist. I can't get in to a nephrologist until January. Meanwhile I am reading everything I can on the internet medical sites like John Hopkins and the Mayo clinic. They scare me. I don't know why I am developing complication of diabetes so rapidly. I was only diagnosed 3 years ago and I keep tight control. My A1c was up to 6.1 the last time, but even that is pretty good. My first number of the day is between 95 and 110. I try to stay under 140 all day and I never go to bed unless my blood sugar is under 120. I have an exercise bike so I can bring my sugar down whenever I need to. I exercise most days for 1 - 2 hours and sometimes more. I am pretty frightened about this kidney thing and I do appreciate your prayers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here