Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stool Test

Posted by judy_jay (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 07 at 12:46

The lab at my dr.'s office has given me a packet to test my stool 3 times to detect any abnormalities. This totally grosses me out as I'm very queasy about bathroom matters. I think I'd rather get the colonoscopy than do this test. Anyone else have to do this? Did you have any problems? My DH did it a few yrs. ago with no problem & my best friend does it every year, but I seem to have a mental block about those things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stool Test

I know what you mean. My doctor hands me a pack every year. And every year, I manage to ignore it. I figure I'll take my chance on a colonoscopy from time to time.

Go ahead and voluteer to have one. Then, maybe they'll leave you alone for at least five years or so.

o

Are you serious?
(A) Picture a colonoscopy.
(B) Picture scraping a bit of feces into a bottle or baggie with a piece of plastic.

B can't be any worse than changing a diaper.

I choose B, thank you very much.

o

Well I did it & it's done - for at least a year I think. Once I did the first test, the other two weren't that bad, but bad enough. Certain things gross me out, and this is one of them. Trust me, it is worse than changing a diaper -in my opinion. I've done both & this is definitely more gross to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here