SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivamae_gw

Polymyalgia problem

ivamae
15 years ago

I was diagnosed with PMR in June 2007 and put on 20 mg of prednsione and have been slowly reducing the med according to instruction

I contacted my rheumatologist a couple of weeks ago. I was to lower my pred from 2mg to 1 mg but I felt that something wasn't right as I had pain in several areas, but not too bad. they increased my dosage to 4 mg. Last week I had a couple of days that I felt great and then Friday afternoon, while getting up off the chesterfield I had a very sharp pain in my lower back - not right on the spine. I could hardly move. This went on to my inner thighs, across my shoulders and around my left shoulder blade. I have had sore shins for a couple of months. This became worse too. By Saturday morning when I tried to get up, I had a rough time and I couldn't get dressed. I managed to pull on a house coat and shoes and a couple of hours later called the ambulance to go to emerg. They feel that it is all pmr related and upped the pred to 6mg and told me to call my rheumy's office this morning and get an appointment as quickly as I can. It is some better but certainly a long way from what it was. I got an appointment for Wednesday and told if it gets worse to call them back.

What brings on a flare up? Is it because of something I did? My son feels I do too much. I feel I do very little and don't do anything I don't feel up to doing. I lie down in the morning for at least an hour and 2 in the afternoon. I spend time at the computer and while sitting, do a lot of knitting etc. for the homeless. the Rheumy O.K.d the knitting.

I do meet with small goups of friends as often as possible as I feel I need some contact with the outside world.

I expect he will raise the pred some more. I won't like that but I sure don't like this, either.

I'm 78.

What do you suggest? What has been your experience with flare ups. I'm afraid if I just sat around all day that before long I wouldn't be able to do anything

ivamae

Comments (5)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler