SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldensmom_gw

Ethical Question

goldensmom
17 years ago

This may be a little off the topic but don't know where else to post. Will try to be short...getting the same Rx from a store for years paying 20.00 w/insurance. Recently this drug changed to generic & was told by manager of store that even though the cost is 138.00 they have agreed with pharmaceutical co. that they will sell it at 10.00 w/insurance. New pharmacist is hired (but still has same manager)and told me my insurance denied payment & no longer could give me the same Rx and started to replace it with a much cheaper one which caused me many complications. At the time I didn't question what she was telling me. So discussed this with her which ended in a VERY HEATED argument & by giving me this Rx at 10.00 the store was losing money but gave me the original Rx and said "it was a gift as she didn't charge it to my insurance co." Thought that was strange so checked with my insurance and she did charge them. Also insurance never denied paying as she stated so discussed with manager and he once again stated that they most certainly have an agreement with the pharmaceutical co even though they do lose money. Went to pick it up again yesterday and now she ignores me completely even when I say excuse me can I pick up my Rx she will pick up the phone and call someone to look busy. When she finally did give it to me after 30 minutes on the phone she threw it at me. My dilemna is that this is the only store that has this policy vs me paying a whole lot more else where. She acts like she is the one losing money & its my fault. As this is not a privately owned store but a nationwide chain I hesitate to report her as who knows what she would do in retaliation. Why should I go elsewhere to avoid her and pay alot more when they agreed to this policy? Any suggestions?

Comments (9)

Sponsored