Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about Blood Clots

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 8, 08 at 8:08

How would you know if you have them? A friend of my husband recently passed away; she had a lot of blood clots and it gave her a heart attack. She was only in her 40s.

I'm worried because I'm on HRT and I'd like to know what to look out for.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about Blood Clots

You really can't "look" for anything. You may have clots that don't cause any problems. Then if one goes to the heart and clogs up something important, you have a heart attack. If it goes to the brain, you may have a stroke.

Clots in the legs will cut off important circulation. But usually, you don't know ahead of time if you have one.

Talk to your doctor about your worries. They are always coming up with something new in medicine. It may be that they have recently developed some kind of magic test the will detect them before they cause problems.

o
RE: Question about Blood Clots

A friend found out last week that he has blood clots on/in his lungs. He went to the hospital because of tremendous pain. He was given blood thinners and sent home because the chance of getting an infection at the hospital was deemed to be so high as to be gravely dangerous for him.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here