SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janie_marie_gw

Horribly bad leg pains!!!

janie_marie
14 years ago

I get these horrible leg pains, 98% of the time they come at night. It starts in my knees and moves up my thigh and down my calves. I can barely walk when I get these pains and massaging them or resting does not help. The pain is very deep inside my knee and thigh and calf. They are definitely not cramps. I've experienced plenty of cramps before. There aren't them. I've been getting these pains for years now. They've always been pushed off as growing pains, but I'm 18 and if I grow anymore I'll qualify for that scholarship for really tall people. I was told by my rheumatologist in Kansas City that I do not have arthritis in my knees. My rheumatologist here in Georgia is determined that it is arthritis even though he hasn't performed any tests, like an MRI. I'm also seeing an orthopedist for my knees, but he gave me a cortisone shot (which did not work) and a pain medicine (which is also not working). I just don't know what to do anymore. I get the pains almost 4-5 times a week, which makes sleep almost impossible. I'm getting sick of it. Any suggestions? Please and thank you!

Comments (13)

Sponsored