SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Exhausted after eye exam??

jenn
17 years ago

I went to an opthamologist (an M.D. who specializes in diseases of the eye) today for a thorough exam of my eyes to check for the source of my night vision problems. Fortunately, he gave my eyes an "excellent" bill of health with no sign of any type of problem whatsoever. He believes it is just my age (50+) and the common emergence of this problem around my age. I'll go back for another thorough exam of my peripheral vision when my eyes aren't dilated, now that he has determined that there are no pathological causes.

The exam included two different eye drops -- the first one was an anesthetic to numb my eyes to let the machine get very close to them, and the second drops were to dilate the pupils.

I had to drive home (about 20 miles) very carefully with slightly blurred vision (even while wearing my prescription corrective sunglasses). After I got home, I lied down to relax and fell into such a deep sleep that Hubby had trouble waking me up for dinner! Since then, I feel almost drugged with fatigue.

Is this a typical reaction from this type of eye exam? I'm not concerned, just curious.

Jen

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County