Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Proton Pump Inhibitors, Nexium, etc.

Posted by Jonesy (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 8, 04 at 21:44

Can anyone here take those indigestion drugs without itching? I have not met anyone who is NOT allergic to them. I tried Protonex, Nexium, and Prilasec, makes my head itch. I have all kinds of left over pills, what a waste.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Proton Pump Inhibitors, Nexium, etc.

I have no problem at all. I am just so glad to have the acid reflux stopped. It took me months to get a prescription from my HMO. Every time I read about someone's Acid reflux progressing to esophageal cancer I get mad at my HMO all over again.

o

gandbb, I have gone off all indigestion meds except for one Zantac a day and 3 or 4 Tums. Tums are just calcium so not dangerous. I think the meds were rebounding, because I am so much better without them.

o

I am delighted to hear that is working for you. I am very glad not to be drinking Maalox in the middle of the night anymore. Waking up unable to breath because your stomach contents are in your throat is a frightening experience. I haven't been willing to try life without nexium, but I suppose I should find out if my stomach has healed to the point that I can. Continued good luck to you.

o

I was told your stomach should be healed in 8 to 12 weeks. It has not been tested for any longer than a year. You may not like this comment..I did stick to the Nexium for 4 months, itching head and all, but it quit working. My neighbor said it quit for her also. We were right back where we started. That is why I am trying so hard to watch what/how much I eat. I would do alright without my husband because I would eat when hungry and small meals. I would NOT go to pizza parlors, buffets, etc.. :o(

o

hmmm, sounds like I need to try getting off the stuff. I hate to because I will have to go back to being much more circumspect about what I eat. Even with the nexium I was up all night after eating pumpkin pie.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here