SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bostonterrier00

Lactose Intolerance ???

bostonterrier00
17 years ago

Hi All,

I am completely confused about this thing called lactose intolerance??? I know that it is the inability to digest milk products and that when milk products are consumed it produces gas or other things that are completely uncomfortable. I'll start from the beginning...

I suffered from stomach problems as a teen. So I tried eliminating spicey foods, no avail, fried foods, still had stomach problems( STRONG stomach cramps, sometimes worse than my period cramps followed always by Diarrhea and the strong feeling that I was going to vomit)

I went to a Dr. for a physical and asked them about this problem and they tested me for IBS. The test results must've come back fine because they never got back in contact with me. Why didn't LI come to mind with the Dr.?

One day my mother and her friend where talking and somehow I came up on subject. My mother told her friend everything I was going through and her friend said that it sounded like lactose intolerance. I had seen lactose intolerance on commercials but never paid attention to what it was exactly.

So I started eliminating dairy, voila...upset stomach...gone. Although I have a few questions still remaining on this...

1) I can't even dream of digesting dairy even with a "lactaid Pill" If my stress level is high. Is this common?

2)I purchased Organic whole milk a month or 2 back and tried drinking that (I normally buy "Lactaid Milk")and it didn't upset my stomach, is this common?

3) I haven't always been this way, I could digest dairy as a child. Is it normal to start LI around 13-15 yrs?

4) If I go to a restaurant and order something that I can normally eat (very little dairy) and take a "lactaid pill" I get an upset stomach just like when I drink a glass of regular whole milk (ouch!). There are certain restaurants that bother me (Ninety-Nine.Applebee's.etc). But "Olive Garden's" pizza's do not. I am so confused.

Do you see a common denominator here instead of dairy? I thought maybe I was allergic to MSG. But I have a favorite chinese restaurant that I go to that doesn't bother my stomach at all.

Other than all of these confusing things, believe it or not I am healthy gal! haha..

Any help would be appreciated and if you need any more info just ask.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Koura Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Virginia's Top Choice for Reliable General Contractors