SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notenoughroses_gw

How long will you wait to see a doctor?

notenoughroses
19 years ago

We left our son's old allergy doctor due to long, long waits - often 2 hours past appointment time. I would even book appointments early in the a.m. (8-8:30) and still have a long wait. (Office actually opened at 6 or so for allergy shots, but appointments didn't start until 8.) I complained repeatedly to her and she just shrugged. Last time at her office, we saw her partner - I asked him and he said he seldom ran past 45 minutes late, which is exactly how long of a wait we had that day to see him.

Went to a new allergist a few weeks ago - over an hour wait for first office visit. Follow-up appointment today - when we had waited for one hour, 15 minutes, I got up and walked out. Stopped by the front desk and told them that my time was more valuable than that and I refused to sit in an office that long - especially when the appointment is for a 2.5 year old!

I have never seen a field, in general, where the doctors seem to always be so late - our family doctor, ob/gyn (who actually would have a valid reason for running late!), ent, etc. are never more than 15-30 minutes late. What is up with allergist or am I just picking bad ones?! (The one we were going to is the only one either our pediatrician or family doctor gives referals for. I have given them both my negative opinion about their referals.) What do you do when your doctor makes you wait? Do you put up with it or do you complain? ~ Suzie

Comments (14)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals