Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Post gastroscopy pain

Posted by catsmom6 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 4, 09 at 17:44

Hello,
I'm waiting for the doctor to call me but thought I'd try geting an answer from someone who's had it done. I can't swallow anything except my saliva and only that when I have to. I have a really cutting pain to the left of my adam's apple and when I try tried to drink even water I doubled over with the pain. Can anyone tell me this is normal?
Thank you,
Cathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Post gastroscopy pain

They probably scraped your throat with the instraments they used. I had a cyst taken out of my throat and I gargled warm salt water while it was healing, but I was able to swallow even though it hurt to do it.

You can also gargle with aspirin. Disolve a couple of tablets of uncoated aspirin in a little boiling water 1 or 2 tablespoons, then add cold water until it's warm and then gargle or swallow it. You can also try a pain killer cream like aspercream that you rub on the skin.

o

Thank you Oilpainter. I'll try the salt first. I remember (and then forgot) that we used to do this when we were kids.
Cathy

o

If it doesn't go away I would check with another doctor in case something was punctured and the doc won't admit it.

o

That's what I'm worried about. He took a biopsy so maybe he took more than his share. Also dilating it might have stretched it too thin. I think it's a bit better today. I notice that I can drink bigger sips than yesterday. I haven't tried food yet, though- just coffee.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here