Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Contact s Need Help

Posted by goldy (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 07 at 16:04

I have soft contacts and in the twenty years using them I need help.Went to take them out and one slipped and went upward and in.I can;t get it out and I don't know what to do.Please help if it ever happened to you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Contact s Need Help

I have had this happen, more than once. first of all relax. it may be painful if the contact is crumpled as well as high up in your eye. It helps if you saturate your eyeball with saline solution. Tilt your head back and lift up your eyelid and squirt solution to really saturate your eye, I usually use my finger to gently press and slide my finger along my closed eyelid. the problem usually is that the contact has reached a point high up over the curve of the eyeball, once you work it past that point it will easily slip back into place.

o

Thanks for your help.I got it out.

o

Glad that you got it out. I too have had that happen a few times and I just did the same thing by closing my slid and trying to slide it down by maneuvering over the closed lid.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here