Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IT Bank Syndrome (knee pain)..anyone??

Posted by gma_j (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 20, 09 at 15:31

My teenage granddaughter has been diagnosed with IT Band Syndrome, which is pain in her knee that is made worse by her sports, etc. They are recommending physical therapy, which won't make it go away, but will help strengthen. She is very athletic so this really puts a cramp in her activity level, though she choses to bare the pain and do her sports. Do any of you have anyone who has had this same diagnosis?...and what was the recommended therapy....and the results? Thanks for any information.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IT Bank Syndrome (knee pain)..anyone??

I think I may have the same problem but I am in my late 50's. The pain sometimes comes down the side of my thigh but my knee aches all the time. If I touch the knotty bone at the bottom of my knee I can feel it across the outerpart of my knee. Almost like something is moving. And if I put weight on my knee there is a burning sensation or squishy feeling. I also have Plantar Facisitis (sp), I think and am wondering if its all related.

Is her pain similiar?

o
RE: IT Bank Syndrome (knee pain)..anyone??

I googled IT band syndrome and found some excerises to do. Did them last night and this morning. Actually feels a little better. Will see if tomorrow when I do my areobics if it hurts less. I usually wear a knee support but can really tell when I take it off. Will see.

Have her try some Biofreeze gel after her sports and at night. Its like Ben Gay but much better and no smell. Just wash hands really well and don't touch your eyes anytime soon afterwards.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here