Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
imipramine hydrochloride (depression med) for angina??

Posted by bluejeans (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 22, 09 at 15:30

HI folks. As of yesterday my cardiologist decided to try me on imipramine hydrochloride because I am still having some problems with angina when walking. I have coronary artery disease and am on other meds too for this. He did mention that this medicine was used for depression but as a lot of us know, some medications also have other uses, this being one of them. Has anyone here been prescribed this for this reason and how did you find it? TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: imipramine hydrochloride (depression med) for angina??

I've never been subscribed it, but I know someone who was given something similar. I asked my pharmacist about it. He said that they found that sometimes these types of medication will help with chronic pain. That's all I know

o
RE: imipramine hydrochloride (depression med) for angina??

Oilpainter - Thanks for the reply. I guess that sort of makes sense to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here