Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
possible sensitivity to gluten

Posted by minirose1 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 14:44

Anyone on here whos sensitive to gluten? I'm starting a gluten free diet to see if it makes a difference in how I feel or if some of my complaints disappear. Was interested in what others have found out about their situations.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: possible sensitivity to gluten

I did an elimination diet two years ago and am so happy with the results. Different foods cause different reactions for me - gluten causes hair loss and psoriasis, dairy makes me feel very irritable, too many nightshades cause intense joint pain and peas and soy just mess me up all around. It seems like a lot to have avoid but not taking medication anymore makes it so worth it plus I look at all the foods that I still do well with and it is plenty.

o

Also, if you need specific conditions addressed you can go to Celiac(dot)com and the people on that board are very good at helping out. There are many on the site who are gluten intolerant.

o

With a gluten intolerance it is very difficult to absorb nutriments and a lot diseases are caused by deficiencies. You can still absorb sugar and calories.

o

doesnt gluten make small holes in your stomach lining which sends food into your bloodstream makign your antibodies attack it

o

Gluten is a long chain protein which in some people can not be broken by the stomach and passes into the small intestine where can destroy the villi which is needed to absorb nutriments from the food you eat but you can absorb calories and sugar.

o

Your body doesn't NEED gluten (no body does) and it is very, very difficult for humans to completely digest. Is it ever digested?

Gluten is added to many things.

I have a family member that is "sensitive" and we have removed it from our diets, completely. Haven't missed it at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here