Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vinegar WORKS

Posted by guppy01 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 13, 09 at 13:19

I tried the vinegar method and it WORKED. Cheap, easy and harmless. Whoever says is doesn't work is wrong. I wasn't interested in the remedies that destroy my liver or kidneys, that's for sure. So here's my situation.

The type of fungus I had was white superficial onychomycosis on my 2 big toenails. It's the 2nd most common fungus and the easiest to cure, lucky for me. It had been there on my 2 big toes for about 6 months and I stupidly failed to realize it was a fungus. I tried treating it with an over the counter remedy, which helped. I got on several forums and read about trying vinegar. I did a little research and learned that the reason vinegar may work is because it changes the pH of the nail bed, making the conditions hard for the fungus to grow.

My method for a solid year, from August of 08 to today (9/12/09) has been to use white vinegar 2 times a day, in the morning and evening, RELIGIOUSLY. I may have missed 4 times the entire year. I put vinegar in an emptied out little bottle of shampoo, the kind you get for free in a hotel. I used an eye dropper and applied the vinegar under the nail and to the sides and nail bed and all over the nail, twice a day, every day, for a year. I also avoided nail polish all year, if I did put it on for a special event, Id take it off the next day.

My nail problem is gone, my toenails are back to their cute, normal selves. I'm going to keep it up for 1 more month just to be darn sure there's no little fungi still alive just waiting to come back. A year is a long time and 1 more month seems smart just to be sure.

I picked up the fungus in the locker room at my work's gym. Now I wear flip flops. Again, stupid of me to not have been more careful in the first place. Ah, oh well, live and learn.

Good luck...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vinegar WORKS

That's fantastic. A year is a long time though. I'm surprised you didn't give up. Maybe I'll try that.

Do you ever get pedicures? You could have gotten it there as well.

o
RE: Vinegar WORKS

I wonder if it would soften toenails also

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here