Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Breathing issues

Posted by helpwiththis (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 20, 10 at 13:10

I am in my early 30's and had asthma as a child. Got allergy shots in my childhood for allergies that triggered my asthma. In high school I stopped even using an inhaler and had no problems till last year. Then allergies and asthma came back. My dr gave me an inhaler again. But it has not solved my problems. I have been back numerous times for my breathing, it just does not feel right. It gets a little better with my inhaler or neb treatments, but not 100%. At night is the worst, I lay down and feel like I can't get deep breaths unless I lay on my right side.

The dr has sent me for a CT scan of my lungs, a pulmonary function test, and a stress test for my heart. All came back fine so he says my heart and lungs are good.

I am overweight and have been working on losing weight. Other than that my only health issue is an underactive thyroid which has been controlled by medication for 10 years.

I don't want to go back to the dr and seem crazy but I just feel like somehting is wrong. What do you think? Any ideas what could be wrong.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Breathing issues

Could it be your sinus or more particularly your nose. I am allergic to dust and cat dander. and both allergies affect me differently.

The cat dander gets me in the throat, but the dust seem to swell the tissues of my nose, mostly on the left side.

When they are bothering me and I lay on my right side I have a hard time breathing even with allergy pills. On my left side it is not so bad. If I plug my right nostril and breathe deeply, I am hardly getting any air at all. If I mouth breath I get full air.

Once I discovered this I started using saline nose spray and it helps.

o
RE: Breathing issues

How about a food allergy?
Also, has the doc been checking your thyroid levels at intervals?
Hiatal hernia?
Are you under alot of stress? Stress can manifest with funky symptoms. Is your heartrate okay?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here