Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ringing sound in head (tinnitus?)

Posted by gma_j (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 5, 03 at 12:29

For probably a couple of months now, I have had this constant ringing (hard to describe the sound) in my head. During the day when I am busy and there are other noises, I can forget about it--but, when I go to bed or sit down to read the paper, etc. or right now when I am sitting at the computer, it is there. Any thoughts? Is this possibly tinnitus? Does anyone have this or have any ideas what is causing it? Thank you so much. Jeanie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ringing sound in head (tinnitus?)

It sure sounds like tinnitis to me. When was your last hearing test?

o

Thanks for responsing, Heather. I don't seem to have any problem with my hearing, though I haven't ever had a hearing test. However, I did make an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow so maybe he will have some ideas.

o

How did you make out Jeanie???

o

It does sound like tinnitus, did you go to a concert recently? Or been in a loud place for a significant period of time?

Let us know what the doctor says!

o

I've had this for several years and saw several doctors----apparently there is very little that can be done. The ringing at night sometimes drives me crazy, but running a fan helps. I tried a radio on at night, but found that I couldn't sleep with it on. May want to try one of these.

o

I have one ear that almost always rings or feels/sounds like it is plugged or in a tunnel. Did all the ear tests, etc. The ear dr. recommended taking Niacin and it really does seem to help me! Maybe it would help you.

o

I have also had this problem and have found that it was worse after I drank diet coke. I decreased the amount of coke, coffee and tea I was drinking and have noticed a marked improvement. Perhaps this can help someone like it did me. Judy

o

The ringing in my hubby's ear was a horrible problem for him, but he finally found an ear doctor who helped him. Very simple - eliminate salt from your food. Sure worked for him, and it won't hurt you to try it.

Wishing you the best of luck,
Janice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here