Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am really scared. (breast problem)

Posted by sunnyco (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 15, 05 at 10:55

For about the last week, my nipples and areola have been hurting. I only notice when I take my bra off and something else, like my hand or a t-shirt, touches them. I cease to notice once I have been wearing my t-shirt for a few minutes, but if I touch them, they hurt.

Last night I googled this symptom and once I eliminated the breastfeeding and pregnancy pages, there were pages and pages of breast cancer info, and nothing else that I saw.

I am 37. My aunt had BC when she was only a couple of years older than me. I am terrified. What I have not told anyone is that I have dreamed about breast cancer a couple of times in the last two months or so. I kept doing self-breast exams, just in case, and paying attention but nothing came up until this last week. I have a doctor appt. today at noon.

My knees and hands are shaking.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am really scared. (breast problem)

Let us know how it turns out. At your age, hormones could be doing weird things to your body.
Froggy

o

I am getting a mammogram next week, to be sure, but the doctor said it is probably hormonal changes and gave me some natural progesterone cream to try. I feel much better, in spite of feeling like a wrung out sponge.

o

I have some idea how you feel. I had nipple discharge once for awhile and found all sorts of things on breast cancer. Turned out to be a cyst. Very frightening.

I'm glad you have a mammogram scheduled - tell us how it turns out.

o

There is so much propaganda about breast cancer, and it is so hard people and thier families to get through, and when they don't...

I am glad I was able to get into the doctor right away. Medical stuff usually happens on Friday afternoon around here, for some reason, and getting to the doctor has to wait. I get my panties in a bunch pretty easily and I would have probably pulled all of my hair out by next week.

I think everything will be OK.

o

sunnyco, let us know what you learn.

o

I know how you feel. I had the same thing happen when I was actually working for a gynecologist. I told him I wanted him to check it out, he said he would, but we were very busy and we had emergency surgery, etc. Next day was his day off, then it was my day off. By the time we got our act together and we both had time, it had stopped hurting.
That was over 30 years ago and it never bothered me again. But it scared the cr@p out of me while it hurt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here