SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Sudden onset of jaw catching..........

catherinet
14 years ago

About 5 weeks ago, I began waking up in the mornings with my jaw catching, when I'd try to open it. As the morning wore on, it would go away. But now, for about a week, it catches every single time I try to open my mouth, and I have to manipulate my mandible to get it to open more.

I began using cpap over 2 years ago, so I don't know if the nasal mask and headgear is a problem, or my body is just wearing out (I'm 59).

I know about TMJ disorder, but I thought that came on more gradually. I don't have any pain with it.....just an occasional cramp in the area.

I love my dentist, and I know he treats some bite dysfunctions with a bite plane, but another doc I have said his wife went to school (dentistry) with this woman nearby who only treats jaw problems. Don't you think it would be more useful to go to her? I don't know her or if she's any good, but her website looks good and she's had years of experience.

I have fibromyalgia, so I'm used to new, stupid things just popping up, but this is rather irritating.

Any input or suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments (11)

Sponsored