SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Sudden onset of jaw catching..........

catherinet
14 years ago

About 5 weeks ago, I began waking up in the mornings with my jaw catching, when I'd try to open it. As the morning wore on, it would go away. But now, for about a week, it catches every single time I try to open my mouth, and I have to manipulate my mandible to get it to open more.

I began using cpap over 2 years ago, so I don't know if the nasal mask and headgear is a problem, or my body is just wearing out (I'm 59).

I know about TMJ disorder, but I thought that came on more gradually. I don't have any pain with it.....just an occasional cramp in the area.

I love my dentist, and I know he treats some bite dysfunctions with a bite plane, but another doc I have said his wife went to school (dentistry) with this woman nearby who only treats jaw problems. Don't you think it would be more useful to go to her? I don't know her or if she's any good, but her website looks good and she's had years of experience.

I have fibromyalgia, so I'm used to new, stupid things just popping up, but this is rather irritating.

Any input or suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington