Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gout

Posted by gagesgranny (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 9:48

Anyone have experience with Gout??? My DH woke up with a horrible pain in his left toe and side of his foot. I have him soaking his foot in Epson Salts right now. Could this be gout??? If so, can this be treated at home?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gout

My husband had it and didn't even know it, so don't about symptoms. In a routine blood work up the doctor saw that his uric acid was way to high. He didn't need treatment, but the doc gave him a list of food he should not eat. Of course they were his favorites. I only remember bacon and nuts. He stuck with the diet and all was well.

o
RE: Gout

Yes EmmaR it is a build up of uric acid crystals in the joint.
The food to avoid is alcohol,organ meats, sea food, lentils, beans, peas, and fructose sources. you might find folic acid, cherries and cherry juice, herbs gout weed and saffron. I quick check with your doctor might be a good bet because if untreated and lead to kidney problems.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here