SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wodka

Hives or Poison Ivy

wodka
16 years ago

As I sit here, miserable and itching, waiting for the doctor's office to open, I thought I'd see if anyone here could help. About a week ago, my cousin and my mother came to visit for the weekend. A day or so after they left, I started itching like crazy. Started on my hands of all places. Found out my cousin said she had poison ivy on her face, near her eye. I washed everything I thought she could have possibly touched. I used an old prescription, (Halobetasol Propionate cream) which had been prescribed when I had a case of poison ivy over a year ago. I've also used over the counter creams and sprays.

It seems like it has gotten worse. My hands feel like they are swollen, and when I get up in the mornings is when they really itch. It has spread to my back and I swear my head is now itching.

I know I'm an idiot for waiting so long to see a doctor. In the meantime, does any one have suggestions to stop this itching?

Other than my cousin, I cannot imagine where I picked this up. We live in a rental apartment that has no yard, we are building a new home, that has no yard yet either. Strange.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions