Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whats the best sport for cardio health?

Posted by eddym (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 5:25

Hey i want to get healthy.. does anyone know the best heart exercise besides running? Is swimming the next best thing? Thanks... I like to have fun whilst exercising.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whats the best sport for cardio health?

My favourites are HIIT and Tabata. Both can be found on Youtube. FitnessBlender has a lot of great workouts (also on youtube).

o

I have been through cardio rehab twice with my husband and you wouldn't believe how little exercise you need for your heart. They recommended he walk a mile or 1 1/2 mile in 20 minutes 3 or 4 times a week. That is not even running. A new study just came out in our local paper and and it said a walker gets more benefit from walking than runners get. It seems if you do heavy exercise on a schedule you body finds a way to protect itself and you don't get the benefits you think you are. I am assuming it is like going on a strict diet. Your body goes into a starvation mode and doesn't burn the calories you normally would.

o

EmmaR right on .
One thing to think about when you sweet it is not just water but a mineral soup and you need to replenish those minerals. Not these sports drink that have three minerals you need 60 minerals so look for the supplements drinks that have lots of minerals

o

Oh Doug the only way I work up a sweat is to work in the flower beds and I do that just a few times a year. Everything I enjoy is sit down stuff and it hasn't hurt me at all. I will soon be 77 and except for a little arthritis I am in very good health. I eat what I like. If I can't die in my sleep I want to fall face first into a pizza.

The main worry is out living my memory, not going there.

o

I think it is good genes. My Mom was 97 when she died and was picking up leaves in the back yard a week before she died. She out lived her desire to live and her memory.

o

Anything that you enjoy and will do is the best. Without pain or misery.

I like rebounding, yoga, stretching - walking. Helps me think.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here