Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lupus Sufferers?

Posted by jodik (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 6, 08 at 4:40

I was diagnosed with Lupus many years ago... are there any other Lupus sufferers out there?

The last several months have been particularly difficult for me. How do you cope with your disease?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lupus Sufferers?

According to my doctor, there is no definitive test for lupus, but based on my SED rate and ANA, she thinks that is my problem. The most important thing is to try and manage my life such that I rarely HAVE to be somewhere at a certain time and to recognize that between pain and the loss of sleep due to pain, I just can't operate the same as other people. It is really hard to do because I look healthy. When, as a child, I complained of leg cramps and loss of sleep I was basically told that I was a lazy liar. I still expect people to see me that way. I don't think they do, but I imagine it anyway and will sometimes over-do on that account. Good luck to you. I guess I don't have anything very useful to add. I am taking Lyrica on an intermittant basis. My doctor doesn't know this but the weight gain is so bad for me from Lyrica that I have to limit my exposure. It does help me sleep though

o
RE: Lupus Sufferers?

No, there is no definitive test, but through blood testing and a combination of other symptoms, it can be diagnosed.

I try to manage mine through nutrition, and I take echinacea to help boost my immune system, purified fish oil and chondroitin for my joints, and painkillers to help cope with the severe pain.

I also have horrible insomnia, and other health problems due to injuries from an auto accident.

Good luck to you, too... I hope you can find a doctor that recognizes and accepts and treats this disease... it is as real as any other disease, and can be very debilitating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here