Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
no appetite

Posted by countrygirl716pcc (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 22, 13 at 4:36

Hi for the past month or so I have had no appetite at all, I can go all day without eating but if I don't I get very shaky so I try to eat a little. And when I do eat after a few bites I feel so full like my food is in my throat, not sure what to do but it is starting to concern me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: no appetite

Have you seen a doctor?

o

I agree with EmmaR see the doctor and find the cause you need the nutrition for health

o

Did you have death of someone close to you? Breakup a relationship, etc? Otherwise were you dieting before this started? Are you over 60? Might be depression on aging or friends moving away or into nursing homes etc. if you are just living life & nothing has changed except your eating habits then it probably is medical & you need a dr. If you cook for yourself & fix mostly same things you may be sick of your own cooking also. Try some different food & see if that helps. Also as you get up past 60-70 folks can't tolerate as much acid in foods, orange juice that is "your morning" juice may cause sore throat. Dr. told my mom to stop drinking it as way too much acid but she won't & is so upset about her very sore throat(she gets several pills down with the 3 1/2 oz of juice & won't drink more water & only eats a very small breakfast otherwise, piece of toast,or small waffle, or 1 egg , or 2 tbls cereal in bottom of bowl & about 4 tbls of milk. just not enough to get all those pills down way they should go. Have you vomited? Could be gall bladder or something else, get it checked out.

o

country girl have you seen a doctor yet. I have been thinking about you.

o

A loss of appetite is one of the signs of stomach cancer. See your doctor

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here