SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aqua_seas

doctor question, just curious for opinion

aqua_seas
12 years ago

I am curious... my mother-in-law is currently in a psyche ward and my husband said he contacted her lawyer about some legal affairs. He said the lawyer asked him to get the dr to sign a letter. The doctor and hubby had a couple discussions and the last one hubby apparantly asked if the dr thought mother could handle investments etc. When the dr said not at this time, hubby asked for a letter for the lawyer. The dr never did. I think he was waiting to see how she was progressing. Mother is doing much better.

Tonight then, the dr called hubby's sister in to his office and told her that my hubby asked for a letter of incompetency on their mother.

He didn't specifically ask for that, but I guess maybe that is what it sounded like, maybe?

Anyway, just out of curiousity, if the doctor had no intention of writing the letter, would it have been better to just tell hubby no or tell sister that her brother asked for the letter?

The reason I ask this is that it has caused a huge, HUGE fight between the siblings. Screaming has gone on for hours. Hubby was trying to protect his mother for now, but sister thinks he was trying to pull a fast one to get control of her finances. I know hubby wasn't but to them it appears that way, I guess I can see that. Just curious for opinion as I sit here listening to the screaming back and forth. Thanks. sigh.....

Comments (2)

Sponsored