Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Myasthenis Gravis anyone?

Posted by ruthann (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 23:55

I did a search and nothing came up. I'm surprised. I may have it. The neuro-opthalmologist says the symptoms say yes, the tests say no. Now, I also have cancer and chemo, so he says to 'wait and see'. Both eyes have double vision on the sides. Is anyone familiar with this? Very frustrating. Ruth Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Myasthenis Gravis anyone?

Do you by any chance take meds for chloresteral? They can cripple you. That happened to my neighbor and by the time he found another doctor it was to late to regain muscle strength.

o
RE: Myasthenis Gravis anyone?

My mother has been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis for 29 years (she's now 66) and I remember it being a 3 year ordeal for her before she was correctly diagnosed! Grrr!!! Her earliest symptoms were extreme fatigue from normal activities, chronic shortness of breath and muscle weakness from normal exertion, double vision, etc. I don't know if this disease is still as misdiagnosed as it was back then, but you may want to find a neuro who specializes in myasthenia - I know from my mom's case that the correct diagnosis and treatment is crucial for long-term prognosis. The very best of luck to you - my mom's proof that this can be a manageable disease that still allows a high quality of life, and I hope your case will be proof of that too! Many hugs!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here