SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Knees bad again

catherinet
16 years ago

Hi all,

Last July, I had knee surgery on one knee for a torn meniscus (probably from osteoarthritis), and a clean up of the arthritis. I guess because of my fibromyalgia, I had a horrible time with recovery. It took several months of physical therapy to get me going again. Because of the fibromyalgia, my muscles go crazy for no reason at all.

I have been doing great for quite awhile. I wasn't exercising because my legs felt so good. Well a couple weeks ago, my good knee started feeling a little loose, then WHAM......both legs started hurting all the time......24/7. I'm having trouble walking on them and am in pain all the time. I've started back up on the knee-strengthening exercises and am wearing a knee brace. I'm using the exercise bike and ice packs 2 times a day. I'm only taking tylenol, since I can't tolerate NSAIDS. My GI tract also has trouble with glucosamine.

I have a call in to the physical therapist. I don't want to go see the ortho doc because I know he'll say I need knee replacements.....which I refuse to have (at least at this point in my life. I'm 57).

So......I'm going to approach this from a physical therapy/herbal supplement position. But I need to do alot of research on the Internet about my options.

Have any of you approached your knee problems in a more natural way, and if so, what all did you do? Thanks so much.

Comments (20)

Sponsored