Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crest Pro Toothpaste

Posted by vala55 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 29, 11 at 20:47

I thought some of you might be interested in this. I had my usual cleaning at the dentist and told the hygienist that I had some thread like white slime in my mouth. Sometimes it was so thick I cleaned it off with a toothbrush. She replied with, "you are using Crest Pro Health tooth paste aren't you?" I had not told her that. She had heard of it before. She said it was like it was sloughing off skin. The roof of my mouth burned a bit when I drank certain things, don't know if that was the reason or not.
I also had a lot of stain on my teeth which is unusual for me. I thought she would never get through scraping it off. I figured it was the fluoride in the toothpaste and in my gel cam. Crest Pro Health has 0.454%, most toothpaste with fluoride I looked at today only had 0.2 something %. I don't drink coffee or hot tea so that can't be the culprit.

She also said there is not much difference in toothpaste ingredients, one is as good as another. I bought an 85 cent tube of Aim to try.

To top it all off, I haven't used my Gel Cam since then and my teeth are not sensitive at all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crest Pro Toothpaste

Thanks for the heads up. I don't use a fluoride toothpaste but I'm sure a lot of people would like to have this info.

o

You are welcome. I am always interested in things like this and thought others might be.

o

Personally I found once I started flossing regularly every night, my sensitivity has disappeared. The dentists were right all along. I'm also not sure how effective it is, or if it's just a placebo effect, but I'm doing this thing called "oil pulling", where you swish olive oil in your mouth for 10 min a day. That also seems to help me.

These guys also seem to have something to say about it in a comical way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzsMQViWzk&noredirect=1

Here is a link that might be useful: 9 out of 10 Dentists

o

My sensitivity is caused by the loss of enamel at the gum line due to clinching my teeth for years. I had them filled and stopped it, but the filling in one place did not stay, so I am using gel cam. I

o

I do oil pulling and it has worked wonders for my sensitive teeth plus it naturally whitened them. I haven't done it for 2-3 weeks now and the sensitivity is coming back so I will start again tomorrow. I use coconut oil myself.

o

I used that same toothpaste for a week and developed tooth sensitivity even though I've used Crest strips for years. I threw the toothpaste away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here