Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
unexplained pain

Posted by Seamer1 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 3, 05 at 20:39

I have unexplained pain, and it lasts in a certain area about 3-4 days, goes away, then I ache in another area. Today it happens to be my hip, the other day it was my foot, before that it was my shoulder,etc. I have noticed that my left ankle is rather swollen, and that is the foot that hurt me earlier. It isn't injured though. All this weirdness is irritiating. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: unexplained pain

Is Lyme disease common in your area? I think joint pain that moves from joint to joint is typical of Lyme.

o

I was going to say Lyme as well. If Lyme disease is not common in your area, the doctors may be biased against it. Instist on testing. No good comes from delaying treatment.

o

How interesting, isn't lyme's disease from a tick bite? I haven't had a tick on me in forever. I'll have to research it, because we do live in an area where it would be possible

o

Lyme is most often carried by deer ticks. They are so small that they can attach themselves to you, fill up with blood (I know, really gross!) and drop off without you knowing they were ever there. It happened to my husband. He never saw a tick. But luckily for him, he had the classic bullseye rash so it was easy to diagnose. I have heard of many cases where no rash developed or was in a place where you might not see it like the scalp. Good luck!

o

Arthritis can start that way also.

o

Especially Rhumetoid (sp?), at any age. A simple blood test can detect indicators for RA.

o

Your symptom picture is vague and provides absolutely no basis for any kind of differential diagnosis. Any ideas? Yes - see your primary care provider. Based on your history, they may need to do anything from an infectious disease workup to an autoimmune assessment. All of us here are shooting in the dark. Do yourself a favor and get some real answers, ASAP.

o

Check out fibermylasia, not too fun but there are tender points in the body and it moves to different areas. Best of luck, let us know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here