Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yeah! Cholessrol levels are lower!

Posted by mboston (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 19:48

Have been on statin now since mid June - got my blood tests results back and it dropped from 240 to 160. Don't know the good/bad cholestrol from before but now the good is 49 and the bad was 100, I think.

Blood pressure today at doctor's was 102/59 and it had been in the upper 130's over upper 50's-60's.

Also lost 5 lbs since late June so that was good too.

Guess the combo of my walking 45 mins 5 days a week and the changes in diet are helping across the board, plus am sure the statin helped as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yeah! Cholessrol levels are lower!

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. I admire you for your success.

o

Thanks! I needed the morale boost - the routine was starting to get boring but now I have a new goal and am motivated to continue.

o

I have been saving copies of all my labs since '95. (Just a few until the past few years.) I first started because my HDL and LDL (good/bad) looked strange. My good was very high and bad was a little low compared to the normal range. But it turned out to be my normal accurate pattern of my cholesterol readings based on several over the years. Added together with my triglycerides they seem high, but the ratio always brings me back down to the low risk category.

Do you keep yours? With numbers like yours, it would be inspiring to see the progress. And keep motivation. Really nice work.

o

No, I haven't ever gotten copies but I should. I have noticed that my BP is increasing slightly over the last couple of weeks when taken at the rec center where I excerise. It actually just the first number that has increased, still below 120 but usually in the one teens. I asked and they just had the machine recalbrated so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. Will have to continue checking it to see. Havne't had the cholestrol checked again, won't for another couple of months.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here