Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fluctuating Blood Pressure

Posted by downsouth (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 19, 04 at 18:53

I went to the dentist today for a deep cleaning. She was going to numb me (with shots), but after taking three blood pressure readings (first one being 139/90, second at 112/80 and the third at 150/90), she decided to wait until I went to see my family doctor about my blood pressure. I never thought this was really high enough to be that concerned to stop the dental procedure, but it did make me feel good that my dentist is very informed and does take all necessary precautions and not put a patient at risk.

I'll go back after I see what my doctor says. I have a feeling it's going to be time for BP medication.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fluctuating Blood Pressure

Hi. As someone who's been on BP meds for years, I agree with you that yours didn't sound high (to me)...could have been "white coat nerves"...a wee nervous about a dental procedure, but I'm ON meds and can't get mine that low! ;-)
Naturally it's a good idea to be checked....did she have a base reading for you that this was a high comparison? Honey...those numbers would be a treat for me! What's normal for one, isn't for another....by all means, get checked...hope it's all good news! ;-D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here