Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Tongue - Burning...

Posted by carrie630 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 16, 09 at 17:54

Geez - of all the weird symptoms - I have a burning, red tongue - has anyone ever had that?

Before this, last month - I had a blood test - appeared normal, but now this has started.

I will call the doctor - but wondered if this was familiar to anyone.

I have no weight issues or any other issues for that matter, don't smoke, drink, do drugs - I have a rather healthy lifestyle - exercises, I don't eat a lot of red meat, etc. etc.

Anyway - just thought i would chime in and see if this was familiar to anyone out there

Carrie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Tongue - Burning...

Are you going through menopause? Some women develop a burning tongue with menopause, for some strange reason.
Are you getting enough of the various vitamins......like the Bs?
do you have any white patches on your tongue, which could be thrush? Are you on any meds?
I had alot of mouth problems when I was on HRT and a higher dose of a beta blocker.
Do you make adequate saliva?
Do an internet search on "burning tongue" and you might see which vitamins you might be low on.
I would also wonder about thrush.
During perimenopause, I developed "hairy tongue", which cleared up with an antibiotic.......but something was definitely weird in my mouth for several years.
Good luck, and keep me posted. I'd be interested in what you find.
If you have a saliva problem, there is a toothpaste/mouthwash for people who don't make enough saliva which is supposed to be helpful in creating more saliva.
Are your eyes dry at all?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here