Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weird nose

Posted by catlover (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 25, 05 at 17:40

I have given up going to physicians for this problem. Just thought I would check in here. For about the last ten years, I have occasionally gotten a red bump on a couple of consistent locations, primarily the left side of my nose. The skin on the bump will eventually break down and I will have a tender flat area where the skin will simply be gone. After this, it heals. The area is sore, itchy and tingly. I stopped going to the MD about it after I had a severe reaction to the minocycline. I decided the cure was not worth the treatment. Besides, the antibiotics did not seem to have any impact. Possible diagnosis rosasea, herpes. Took aclovar (sp) with no help. I have used no medication since about 1997. The incidents are less frequent now. I currently have a reoccurrence, my first in about one year. In the past, I've been to two different dermatologists. The first was stumped, but tried some things. The second just said it was rosasea, even though I had no other symptoms (no pustules, etc.)

I don't think this is related, but the left side of my nose drips virtually all the time. I finally went to an ENT, who could find no reason for it, and who admitted that the unilateral dripping was weird. He gave me nose drops that help dry me up a bit.

None of this is serious. However, I am frustrated that no one can tell me why this happens. Any ideas? Sound familiar?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weird nose

I think I would see another ENT. The skin condition may just be a coincidence. Perhaps it's a growth or polyp waaayyy up in the sinuses. I knew of a woman that had a tiny little growth. Her body was treating it as a foreign object and was apparently trying to "wash" it out. when her doctor found and removed it....the drips stopped.
Froggy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here