SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scotslassie1959

Issues afer colonoscopy

scotslassie1959
14 years ago

Three weeks ago I had a screening colonoscopy with normal findings. No polyps, diverticulitis, or cancer.

Within two hours of returning home after procedure, I developed fever of 102 and was advised to return to emergency. I was admitted over night, put on antibiotics and checked for perforations. No perforations and blood cultures showed no growth of any bacteria in blood. Gastroenterologist felt it was "just a coincidence and not related to the colonoscopy"; however I felt fine on admitance prior to the procedure.Allowed home after fever subsided I was given Cipro and Flagyl to take for 7 days. Had to discontinue Cipro due to mild reaction and fever came back within 4 hours of stopping it. So, back to family Doctor next day. He has no idea what caused the fever, said it was either viral or bacterial and to continue Flagyl. Had very frequent and loose stools and doctor and pharmacist felt it was from the Flagyl. My doctor advised I take a dairy product with probiotic which I have been doing. Bowel movments were getting somewhat normal down from 4-6 daily to two ( I have been off the Flagy for about 2 weeks) and then late last week I started having frequent , loose BM's with mucus ,sometimes passing just mucus, and cramping. Doctor has now prescriped bella donna elixir for the spasms but I'm still not back to anywhere near normal . Sorry for the "too much info" but I am really getting frustrated and am asking if anyone here has had a similar experience or knows of anyone having these problems after a routine colonoscopy. I was one hundred percent prior to it and wish I never had it .

Thanks for any insight.

Scotslassie

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES