Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need travel info for oxygen user.

Posted by calpat (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 07 at 16:47

I have recently had to go on oxygen 24/7,it's been a bit of a challenge, but getting use to it. I'm wondering how people like me can do some traveling..are there motels, etc. that have a rooms with oxygen equipment? I currently have a permanent machine in my home that provides oxygen, also a cart that holds about a 4 hour supply and a portable cannister that provides a 2 hour supply. Any suggestions as to how I can travel overnight or a couple of days with all this equipment.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need travel info for oxygen user.

I am sure that there must be a way. But are you sure you want to be that far away from your doctor?

o

I have no intention of being made into an invalid, my M.D. knows this. Those are the key words (made into)! I'm aware of what my capabilities are at this point in my life, but I'm also aware that where there's a will, there is a way! I don't kid myself, there are so many things that I can't do anymore, but there are also a multitude of things that I can do and/or learn to do! Just have to plan with more caution these days.

o

Wonderful! You are to be commended for having the right attitude. I just wanted to make sure that you understood that there could be problems.

Sometimes, it seems that the last person that some people think for advice is their physician.

Enjoy yourself! Life is worth it.

o

agnespuffin, I apologize to you if I sounded harsh. I have found with physicians that where they may be very smart about being a doctor, they sometimes lack the ability to be real person, e.i. they can treat the physical part of an illness, but very often know nothing about how to "live with it" aspect. Of course, now there are so many agencies dealing with all sorts of stuff and thank goodness for "google", got some great info. reg.equipment in motels.

o

Calpat, you are right about one thing...where there's a will, there is a way.

Here's a link below which will give you a little information. Another source of information would be a company which supplies the oxygen tanks. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Lung Assn.

o

Thank you all for support and information. I may never go anywhere that may require alternatives, but its' nice to know and uplifts the spirit to know that you can! Pat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here