SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivamae_gw

Polymyalgia

ivamae
15 years ago

I have had PMR for 17 or 18 months. The last few nights, I have been wakened with sharp pains in my shins. After a while it quits as quickly as it started. Last night it was just the left leg. My legs are so terribly stiff and feel like they weigh too much for me to even pick up and set down. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't really call it " pain"

I do try to walk and take the dog with me. I go soooo slow and sometimes manage to go almost 1 km but most times can't go even half that far. I'm not so stiff first thing in the morning but by 9 A.M. I'm back lying down for at leas 1 or 2 hours. It seems I'm getting more exhausted every day. Is it the decrease in the pred?

I'm also trying to cut back with my sugar intake. I have always eaten much too much sugar but have never had a problem, I know the extra 32 pounds I'm carrying is not helping and hoped the sugar reduction would help lower my weight. Is that wishful thinking?

I started out on 20 mg of prednisone and this started when I got down to 4. Four days ago it was lowered to 3mg. Do you think that could be part of the reason?

I use a chair in the bath tub as it is almost impossible for me to get down into it. I'm wondering if daily sessions in a jacuzzi would be any benefit. I'm not sure where any are located in our city but am sure I could find out by phoning around.

Comments (3)

Sponsored