SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Getting over knee problems without surgery?

catherinet
13 years ago

4 years ago I had a meniscus repair on my one knee. Because of my fibromyalgia, it was hell for months. I finally, after alot of PT, felt better, and haven't had much problem with my knee.......until last Tuesday. I had to go up and down stairs because of a problem in the basement.

In the morning, I couldn't even walk. I have spent all week laying down and icing it. I can't take NSAIDS. I've been doing all the exercises I learned after my last surgery.

Today DH suggested that maybe I'm hitting the exercises too hard, since they were meant for post-surgery and not immediately post-injury.

I've read that they're finding out that PT is just as good as surgery in many cases. I just don't want surgery. (especially in light of my fibromyalgia).

Have any of you made progress on your own with just exercises, etc., after you've injured your knee from a meniscus problem, or osteoarthritis?

I'm trying to give it a couple weeks before I call a doctor, but dang, I can't go anywhere or do anything because of the intense pain.

Yes, pain is usually a red flag that something is wrong. But with fibromyalia, our red flags go up inappropriately!

It seems to be more of a muscle spasm problem in my entire leg, rather than pinpoint pain in my knee.

I'm getting pretty frustrated with my body parts taking turns breaking down.

Ortho docs are pretty set on surgery, so I'm trying to approach this (at least for a couple weeks) with alternative treatments.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia