Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
herpes mouth blisters....

Posted by vieja (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 15:17

grown son has had recurrent mouth blisters caused by a herpes virus for years. Any remedies to try & treat & also try & prevent the reoccurances? I know the virus is there on those nerves all the time & only break out when stressed. What are some home remedies any one has tried that help? 'Starting fluid' (!!! yes!) helps as the ether kills the herpes virus on contact ... but maybe a less potent thing to try? I had heard of a vitamin or mineral (?zinc) that might help & Rx of.'acyclovir' may help outbreaks). sure painful!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: herpes mouth blisters....

If they are like fever blisters on the outside of the lips there is nothing you can do. Years ago my son had a sore inside his mouth and a neighbor told me to dip a q tip in camphinique and touch the sore with it. The spelling is way off on that, it comes in a small green bottle. I have used it when I had a sore in my mouth and it stops the pain. I would suggest rinsing the mouth with salt water also.

o

If it is the herpes virus it lives in the nerves cells and it is normally activated by stress. If it was me here is what I would do ultra violet light 1-6 minuets per day Avoid chocolate, peanuts, nuts, seeds, grains, eat high lysine foods meat, potatoes, milk, yeast, fish, chicken, beans, eggs vitamin C bioflavonoids at 200mg zinc at 75mg. Ribavirin at 250-500 mg /day but do not use during pregnancy. There is some good creams for external use acyclovir and also in pill form but might only be available by prescription

o

There are some over the counter but as far as I am concerned it is not worth the $25. for something that might help and those were the pharmacists words. Abreava, I think, not sure about the name.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here