Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neuralgia (?) on my arm

Posted by Jenn (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 05 at 15:09

This morning my husband lightly touched me on my upper right arm, very lightly, just brushing it. It hurt as if I have a very bad bruise or sore there, but I don't. I ignored it and got in the shower. As soon as the water touched my right forearm, I felt the same pain in the forearm. Since then, I have had very painful burning-like pains in the forearm in the same area. It is also very sensitive to light touch, but there is nothing visible.

Anyone know what this might be?? I didn't bump or injure my arm in any way.

Thanks!
Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neuralgia (?) on my arm

It could be anything from a nerve acting wierd to shingles to peripheral neuralgia ... lots of stuff starts out with a hypersensitive skin area. And lots of those things are temporary and harmless.

Gove is a week or two to go away. If it spreads, or gets worse, call a doctor.

o

Thank you. It is definiltely worse tonight, in the same areas but more sensitive. Still no visible signs. Sometimes the pain is very intense but lasts only momentarily. Today I had a vague sense of not feeling good, maybe it was just the pain in my arm affecting me that way.

I sure hope it is just temporary!

Jen

o

Well, it is MUCH better today and seems to be going away as the day progresses. This morning when I awoke it was better than last night, but worse than yesterday morning. Now, it is almost gone. WHEW! I was a little concerned and it was quite painful. Weird!

Jen

o

It's gone! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here