Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fish Oil - Spin off

Posted by jayokie (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 07 at 14:26

Feb 22 'Coolmama' posted in reply to fish oil supplements. She mentioned that fish oil (capsules) was good for the hair. Does that mean healthier (adding oil for dry hair?) Or in other ways? My hair has always been oily, & has gotten worse in recent months. I've been taking fish oil supplements for over a year....can it be that the supplements are now responsible for this add'l hair oiliness? I simply cannot get it to feel clean (well, what *I* think of as clean. I know it IS, it's just not what/how I want it. Kinda hard to explain. CM, would you or someone else - expand on your statement, please. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fish Oil - Spin off

When I used to use Pert (for more "body"), I discovered that after awhile, my hair always felt dirty. I started using Suave "daily clarifying" shampoo and it got much better.
I think some shampoos add alot of junk to make your hair feel thicker, but it ends up building up on the hair too much and then it feels dirty.
I know this doesn't answer your question, but might be another reason for your "dirty" hair.

o
RE: Fish Oil - Spin off

Thanks, Catherinet, for the response. I use Tresseme (sorry, don't think it's spelled right) my hairdresser said is 'the best'. For a long time, I agreed. Suave doesn't do anything positive for my hair & now, I'm getting discouraged with Tresseme. I agree, the shampoos add so much the purpose is defeated. I don't DARE use anything with conditioner. I'll keep looking for answers. Thanks, again, for your suggestion. I appreciate it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here