Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've researched my pain but found nada...

Posted by hannah (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 05 at 10:32

I've had the most uncomfortable pain in my back for the last 3 days...so bad, that I'm having trouble sleeping.

It's centralized at the left side of my back, just below the shoulder blade & on my left side.

It feels like it's on the inside of my ribs and every once-in-a-while, I think I can feel it towards the front.

I don't believe it's muscle-related...it feels more like it's internal...a burning pain.

I realize this is a vague description, but does it sound like anything you folks might recognize?

Thanks in advance...........

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've researched my pain but found nada...

I hope that you are planning to see your physician about this. It could be just a muscle problem or it could be something serious. No one here nor anything on the Internet can help you decide for sure what it is. See your doctor. He/she needs to know about it.
Frog

o

Have you thought about it being gallbladder problems? I had pain like that when mine flared up

o

This could be a million things, and it is almost pointless to guess at a diagnosis without gathering more information and some testing. That being said, I am going to say some possibilites. Given that is is on the left side AND it is burning, I think it might be heartburn aka acid reflux. This diagnosis would be strengthed if you felt the pain a little while after eating a big spicy meal. You did say you had it for 3 days. what you did not say is if it was a constant pain or if it got worse during certain times over the course of the 3 days. A constant pain would figure to be something else, but if it fluctuated in harmony with food intake then heartburn could very well be your problem.

Other possibiliteis..The gulbladder is located deep the liver and that would be on the right side of the abdomen. Even so, there is such a thing called referred pain which means that the pain is felt in an area that is completely differnt from the site where it is orinating. This is why pain can be felt in the arm during a heart attack and it happens with internal organs.

Like someone has said, go see your physician right now so that you can get this treated. best of luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here